Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Trying Shukitas Potato Sticks

Saw these on sale and was intrigued by the package. I like that there are still new things to discover in Guatemala...even if it is just snacks! 😋

Shukitas potato sticks snack food. New! 😄


The word shuco actually means "dirty". Shukitas would mean something like "little dirties". Ha ha!

As I say in the video, a shuco is a special hot dog sandwich served at a street cart. They are cooked on a charcoal grill and the bun is toasted. They are served with avocado and mustard and mayonnaise and shredded cabbage and green hot sauce. You can get more stuff on them, of course, on request. Sometimes they chop up the weiner, sometimes it's whole. You can even get other meats added onto it, which is called a mixto, as one of my fave Guatemalan bloggers explains here: The Shuco Hot Dog.

These snacky food things that I try in the video are a pale comparison to a real shuco! I need to get out to a street cart tonight and have myself some junk food. Click the link to see a video of a street vendor selling this awesome Guatemalan food: Hot Dog Corner


No comments :

Post a Comment