Thursday, October 26, 2017

Power-Free Day

Yesterday was a day with no power. The electric company schedules an entire day where they shut off the main transmission center to work on all the lines at once. It's very inconvenient for someone like me who works online! But it also offers me an opportunity to get my butt out of my desk chair and get stuff done. Having just moved to a new house, there was plenty of work. But we also just enjoyed hanging out in our lovely garden.

Sparrows chillin' on our fence. They're not shy at all. Didn't even flinch when I poked my head out the window to take this picture.
Exploring our garden shed. So much stuff!
Old paints. Like really old.
Cami, our foster pup. Such a cutie!
Bert took the camera and followed Noodles around as he played in the yard.
This is him inside the Super Tube!
So much thick green grass to play on. We all love the garden!
Noodles' bicolour eyes are so cool. 
Bert getting all artistic and stuff. 😎
Noodles and Queso ran rampant around the yard until they were exhausted. Rui even played with them for a bit! Bert and I raked up some leaves and trash, hung up laundry, emptied garbages, and then sat in the garden and chatted while the wind blew like crazy all around us. There is a big pine tree not far from us and we both noticed how the wind thru the needles sounded "like home".
We have a guava tree. Not sure I'm fond of guava though.
Cool little bug-dude. He must be a superhero of bugs, with that cape! 😁
Pretty tiny fowers on a shrub.
Huge double hibiscus flowering tree that is climbing up our house.
Cami hates kites!! The kids were flying one over our house and she was barking at it. Too cute!
As with every previous power outage day, I didn't get everything done that I had planned, but I also thoroughly enjoyed my time. Dare I say that I look forward to these days? 😊

1 comment :

  1. This garden is so beautiful! You are so lucky to be here! Now just stay at this place long enough for my next visit!!

    ReplyDelete