Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I'm Not Made of Sugar

Yesterday afternoon, around 2:30, Bert and I were getting our act together to go to the store. We stepped out into the yard and felt the first drops of rain fall. We said, "Hmm, let's wait until it passes." Good thing we did! It downpoured for TWO HOURS! :D

When it was letting up a bit, I went out into our awesome new garden and took some pictures with my amazing waterproof camera. (Thanks again, Mom and Dad!) The cats sat on the step watching me with confused faces.








Sheltering under the big leaf!
When it truly stopped raining, we got our butts in gear and went to the store. Our feet got soaked from the water running down the streets and puddling everywhere. There's not much in the way of gutters or drainage systems on most streets here.
On the way home, I took this short video of the river, and then the photo below that I took just outside the gate of our house.


Notice the guy standing in the river on the bottom right!
The rainy season is coming to an end but there will probably be a few more stormy days for me to enjoy the greenery, the clouds, and the amazing sunsets. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment