Thursday, August 16, 2018

Things Taped Together

There's this weird thing they do here in Guatemala at the grocery stores. They tape things to other things, like random things almost. The purpose? I don't know. To get rid of stuff? Their combinations can be kinda baffling, as you'll see in the pictures below. But I have to admit, I have purchased something I didn't necessarily need because it had something interesting taped to it. So I guess it works! (Mayonnaise with Tupperware containers taped to it is my favourite, two things I always need more of.)
Here's an article that talks a little bit more about it, so you know it's not just me that's seeing this.
https://www.centralamerica.com/experiencing/shopping/grocery-shopping-in-antigua-guatemala/

A bowl taped to cereal. Makes sense.
Pork cracklins with orange juice. Interesting choice.
Balloons taped to Corn Flour. Huh?
More balloons, this time taped to oil.
Bert saw the balloons taped to the oil and said, "Add some girls, and we've got a party!" 😆

free items taped to other food grocery store Guatemala
A whole display of things taped to things!
I also remember reading a blog post about some people in Guatemala who had an idea to see what they could tape together and get away with it. Like, they went into the grocery store with some clear packing tape and just picked up two random things, taped them together, and then tried to buy them. I can't find the article though! If anyone has read it and knows it, please comment below! I thought it was hilarious.
Happy shopping! 😊

No comments :

Post a Comment