Friday, November 3, 2017

Mil Milagros

There are so many wonderful nonprofit groups in Guatemala and an abundance of caring, generous, smart, awesome, creative people working or volunteering with them. It's kinda become somewhat of a joke that when I meet a young white woman here in Panajachel, I ask, "Which charity are you with?" A lot of times, it's Mayan Families, an NGO I have told you about before on my blog.

Recently, however, I met a lovely girl named Abigail who works with a charity I hadn't heard of: Mil Milagros. (It means Thousand Miracles. What a great name, eh?) I met this vivacious young woman when she adopted our foster dog, Rufus the Dufus. 😁 Normally, adoptions go smoothly and I rarely hear from the adoptive parents again. But poor Rufus was sick and wouldn't get better, so I communicated via Facebook with his owner to try to help. Between Rufus' dedicated mom and the team at AYUDA, (my most favourite charity in Guate!), Rufus finally got well! I couldn't be happier for them.
Look at those adorable smiles!!
Now, getting back to Mil Milagros. The more I read about this NGO, the more I love it! When you live in Guatemala, one of the most heartbreaking things to see is impoverished children. And one of the most inspiring things to see is the amount of hard work, persistence, and love Mayan women put into their families. These women are amazing, I have to tell you! Mil Milagros recognizes that women and children are the key to a healthy and prosperous future in Guatemala.

How can you help? (cuz I know you want to!) Well, besides the obvious answer of donating to their work, you can also vote for them in the People's Choice Award at TechSoup Storytellers 2017 Contest! Here's how you do it.
1. Click the picture below to go to the website.
2. Watch Abigail's video, cuz it's awesome. 😊
3. When the video is done, click the X in the top right to close it, then...
4. CLICK THE BLUE CIRCLE to vote for Mil Milagros.
Optional: "Like" their video on YouTube as well.
Click the pic to go to the website for voting.
(Clicking the blue circle here won't vote!)
You can vote every 24 hours, although I know I'll find it hard to remember. Perhaps you've got a better memory than me though?  😁

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

P.S In case you missed the link above, here's Mil Milagros' website!

No comments :

Post a Comment