Sunday, November 12, 2017

SUP + Dogs = Awesome!

What's SUP?
Not much. What's up with you??
(Oh har har hardy har har!)
SUP is actually an acronym for "stand-up paddleboarding". Now ya know. 😉

AYUDA Para la Salud de Perros y Gatos teamed up with PanaSurf to have a super fun doggie paddleboard fundraiser event. It was held at the lovely Azul Rosa, which is a really cool bar with a private sandy beach, trancey kinda music, and delectable drinks.
Um, I live here?? WOW. And it's November. 😁
I brought our foster puppy, Cami, and Bert dropped in with two of his clients, Clifford & Frank, and then later with our dog, Gus. It was a beautiful sunny day and everyone had a great time!
The handsome Clifford enjoying some shade.
Frankers! He really wanted to go swimming but there were lots of doggies there and we didn't want him to get in any trouble.
Bert with the doggies. Cami is wearing her "Adopt Me" vest made by AYUDA.
The view from my chair. Yep. Awesome.
Three paddleboarders heading out with dogs on their boards.
The PanaSurf people took Cami out for a board ride!
Cami was a little unsure and decided the safest place was between the lady's legs!! HA HA!
Relaxing on a sandy beach at The Most Beautiful Lake in the World, Lake Atitlan, with friends old and new. What a perfect day!
No, I didn't go paddleboarding myself, although I dearly wished I had thought to put on my bathing suit. The water looked so inviting and it was a super sunny day. I got sunburnt for the first time in a long time. 😊

I love the energy and generosity of the people here in Panajachel and all around Lake Atitlan. There is always something fun going on and I get to meet the most fascinating people, most of whom are world travelers with great stories to tell. I got a great tip from a new friend about a cool place to visit near San Cristobal, MX, where I'm going for a visa run next weekend. Can't wait to share it with you!

Facebook connections:
Ayuda Para la Salud de Perros y Gatos
PanaSurf n' SUP
Club Azul Rosa

1 comment :

  1. I'm so happy you got the shot of Cami with her head between the legs. Haahaaahaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete