Saturday, March 19, 2022

Because It's There

I climbed a big hill today. 😊

The view from the road. I want to climb up to that lone dark tree in the middle.

Walking on the wall between bean fields and onion fields.

The first look at the road up. Cobblestones!

A trickling waterfall down rocks.

Two black vultures looking kinda sus by the side of the road.

It's the end of the dry season so the road was pretty nice.
I wouldn't want to try to climb this in the rainy season due to landslides and mud.

There's the tree!

View from the almost-top. San Pedro volcano and Lake Atitlan.

I thought the road would keep going to the top, but it ended at the onion fields.
There may have been a small trail but I couldn't see it ... and I wouldn't have taken it anyway!



Scenic vista with Panajachel at the bottom left.

Starting back down.

I can see my house!
I'm proud I finally did this hike. It was arduous but so worth it! 😅


4 comments :

  1. Wow! That is awesome. I always wanted to hike up there....cant wait until I get back to the lake... Burt.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous C! I love those views! Take me when I get back too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know exactly where this trail/road is for the next time I come down. Looks like a wonderful hoke. By the way, glad to see you posting again. You are my vicarious link to the lake!

    ReplyDelete