Saturday, August 31, 2019

Travel Even When You're Broke!

One of the reasons I chose to move from Canada to Guatemala is to travel more and experience new cultures and geographies. I definitely need to do more exploring! I kinda thought I would be visiting more of the nearby countries in my time here -- Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua. I need to get on that! Finding the money and the pet-sitter seems to be the hardest part.
I saw this neat article shared by Thrillist Travel and was excited to see Antigua, Guatemala, featured. Honestly, Guate is so cheap and such a neat experience. I recommend it to anyone tired of all-inclusive resorts and too touristy locations. Come here and see something different. It gets in your soul!
How to Travel When You're Broke As A Joke

Paraglider over Lake Atitlan and Tolimán volcano
The above picture is what I see whenever I walk out my front door. Why would I travel? Ha ha! But honestly, my visa trips to Mexico every three months are getting a bit routine. I need to plan for a more adventurous holiday soon. 😊

No comments :

Post a Comment