Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Fotos de Febrero

A short month that was very busy with foster puppies and other adventures! I'm just gonna put up some photos for you all to enjoy.

Lake Atitlan Panajachel Guatemala
Walked down to the Lake for lunch one afternoon. It's so lovely.
Flowers everywhere! Yup, it's February.
Colours!
We haven't had a drop of rain in months. Everything is dry as dust. Not sure how the flowers are managing to bloom.
The clouds are starting to come in though, so rain will come soon.
Our house is the pink one in the center of the picture. Can you see it?
Some amazing lilies came up in my garden. Bert has been really diligent with watering so our garden is coming back to life!
Eggshells filled with confetti. The kids throw them at each other for Mardi Gras, except I think it's called something else here, maybe Carnaval?
Imagine the foresight it took to make all these eggs!
It's getting to be that time of year. Processions all the time. So much incense smoke, I thought Jesus was on fire.
This poor momma dog had eight puppies. She belongs to my neighbour. He refuses to have her fixed.
Is that a puppy?? LOL!!
This is Pinky. Rob discovered him in a back alley of Jucanya. AYUDA got us some meds for his mange so hopefully he'll get better soon.
As always, to help with the animals in Panajachel and around Lake Atitlan, please donate to AYUDA Para La Salud de Perros y Gatos. Click the picture on the right sidebar. Thanks!
Another poor doggie that a friend was feeding. She had chewed thru her rope to get free and find food.
Happy, sleepy, fat kitties. Queso is HUGE. Noodles is growing up but still tiny.
They fight like all proper brothers do, but still snuggle for sleeping. ADORABLE!
Noodles!
I was out looking for Rui, who has taken to wandering the rooftops for days at a time, when I came upon a local family with a bunch of puppies. They said, "¿Quieres uno?" (Do you want one?) I said, "I'll take them all!" They gave me three of the four puppies for free. They kept one for themselves.
I  had plans to go back with the AYUDA intern to talk to them about spaying their female and the puppy they kept, but life has gotten in the way. I should get on that.
In the meantime, the three puppies I took have completely absorbed all my time and energy. Puppies make a lot of poop. A LOT.
This is Moo-Moo. She is adorable! Hard to believe she came from the same litter as the other two as she is a completely different colour and size.
Booster getting a bath. They were all COVERED in fleas. Just the worst!
Toffee looking shellshocked!
Puppies drying in the sun. Toffee expressing her displeasure.
I have, like, a bazillion puppy pictures but I won't bore you with them. Okay, maybe one more. 😊
This is another foster puppy we had for only a day. Her name is Cruz. Long story.
Selaine at AYUDA took her in cuz I was overloaded.
Another big event in January/February was the arrival of our landlord. He lives in Florida. He came down for a month and cleaned out the second bedroom and the casita. He had a lot of books that were infested with bookworms so he asked us to burn them. So we had a Bookburning BBQ! It was totally fun. 
A good ol' fashioned book burning.
Why burn books? Look! Worms eating the pages. Unbelievable!
The puppies sleeping under the table at the BBQ.
Just yesterday, I threw up my hands at all the things I had to do and just went outside. Sometimes, you just gotta sit on a nice blanket on the lawn and chill with the doggies.


I call this one "Noodles & the Rising Moon". See it? :D
Also, Jefe at the bottom, watching Noodles carefully. He loves to chase the cats.
No, he's not back with us. He's just staying with us while his parents are in Asia.
Thanks for reading. Check out my webcam for live views. (When I remember to turn it on!)

No comments :

Post a Comment