Thursday, April 27, 2017

Panajachel Has Google Street View!

Mister Jon, of Mister Jon's Restaurant, posted on Facebook today that he found his restaurant on the Guatemalan version of Google maps. So exciting! The page says the photos were taken in November 2016. I'm in the process of going around the map trying to find anyone I know!

Click the picture of La Palapa to go to the map and take a tour of my town!

Google Street View Panajachel La Palapa Guatemala
La Palapa!!
I'm so pumped they finally did this. I remember wishing for Street View before I came here. It's one thing to look at a map and some photos and perhaps a few videos; it's a more immersive experience to virtually stroll around town!

You can just click on the map to move around, or you can click on the left-facing arrow in the far top left (by where it says Calle de los Arboles in the photo above) and it will pull you out to the map view. Then click on the little yellow man in the bottom right corner and drag him to any blue street. Have fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment