Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Feria Panajachel 2016!

I've missed most of the parades and fun in Pana this year because I live in Jucanya across the river now. It's nice in a way to be a bit further away though. The bombas and partying aren't quite so loud. :)
What's a fair without candy!!
I took a walk through the fair on the "big day", October 4th. The fair is to celebrate Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of Panajachel, and apparently October 4th is his day. All the booths and vendors and rides set up at least a week before and stay at least a few days after as well. It's quite the event!


A few pics as well, just for fun. I love the fair! Although, I do know some expats who purposefully leave town during this time. Perhaps one day, I'll be tired of it too. Not yet!

A bit shoddy but still fun.
Kinda looks like it belongs in a horror movie. :)
This is the real scary thing -- the Ferris Wheel of Death!
Pana's big church is devoted to Saint Francis.
Foosball!
Have a great day, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment