Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Super Yummy Mexican Food in Panajachel

Craving Mexican food while in Guatemala? Well, in Pana my fave place for Mexican (aside from torta carts!) is Restaurante Mexicano la Michoacana. Granted, I don't eat out much so perhaps there are better places, but for someone with my limited budget, this restaurant hits the spot! 
I took this picture last year but I don't think the front has changed too much.
Just look for the large plants blocking the entrance! 😆
I've submitted their location to Google Maps but here is a big red X until they can add it.
chalupas de pollo Michoacana
Chalupas de Pollo. Delicious! I think they were Q25.
I ordered the Chalupas de Pollo, mostly because I'd never had them before and the combination of ingredients intrigued me. The menu has both Spanish and English but only lists what is in the dish, not how it is put together. So tostadas, beans, chicken, lettuce, queso fresco, sour cream, vegetables.... how many different delicious ways can that be put together? This was a filling and yummy meal that I would definitely order again.
Chimichanga de Pollo. Sorry for the blurriness. The restaurant has moody lighting, i.e. one light bulb and a skylight. :D
Bert had the chimichanga de pollo, which he's enjoyed here before. It's basically a deep-fried burrito. He loves them! It was Q30.
I am intrigued by Quesadilla Vampiro!
They've gone all out with the weird Mexican decor, which I imagine is not anything like real Mexican decor, but what are ya gonna do when you're in Guatemala?
Their menu is quite extensive and includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, although I don't think they're open too late. It seems to me that this restaurant is really just the front room of the owner's house! It can be a bit noisy with the chicken buses going by on the street but I would still highly recommend it for good, cheap eats. Buen provecho!

1 comment :

  1. Harold and I love Michoacana! We eat there at least once a week. They serve Tecate, too!

    ReplyDelete